These smoothies make me feel wonderful! The taste of organic homegrown berries and greens is top notch. This became a staple in our household to keep our immune systems healthy.
I grow my plants in the ground topped with untreated wood chips and pine needles. The chips hold in moisture and provide nutrients for the plantings.
In a high power 48oz blender, blend greens with water. For the main ingredients I use approximately 50% greens and 50% fruit. When greens are blended, begin adding fruit gradually until all is liquified.
– Chard, stems removed for compost
– Spring Water
When the main ingredients are liquified, begin adding these “super food” ingredients and continue blending until smooth.
– 2 Tablespoons Soaked Chia Seeds (covered in water, for 15 minutes)
– 3 teaspoons Bee Pollen
– 4 Tablespoons Raw Coconut Oil
Enjoy a glass full right away and the rest keeps in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Variations depending on what’s in season and I change it up throughout the year. I use seeded grapes from our garden, blackberries, Viking berries, etc. I try to use about three berry varieties in total. I always change around the greens as well. One day I use chard, the next day I use carrot tops and beet tops, the next day I use spinach, etc.
Thanks to Jamie Weed for participating in the [Grow] Network Writing Contest. We have over $1,500 in prizes lined up for the current writing contest, with more to come. Here is a list of the current pot of prizes:
– A 21.5 quart pressure canner from All American, a $380 value
– A Survival Still emergency water purification still, a $279 value
– 1 year of free membership in the [Grow] Network Core Community, a $240 value
– A copy of The Summer of Survival Complete Collection from Life Changes Be Ready, a $127 value
– 2 copies of the complete Home Grown Food Summit, valued at $67 each
– 3 free 3 month memberships in the [Grow] Network Core Community, valued at $60 each
– The complete 2014 Grow Your Own Food Summit interview series, a $47 value
– 4 copies of the Grow Your Own Groceries DVD video set, valued at $42 each
– A Bug Out Seed Kit from the Sustainable Seed Company, a $40 value
– 4 copies of the Alternatives To Dentists DVD video, valued at $32 each