Harnessing Solar Energy on the Homestead – Paul Munsen
Harnessing Solar Energy on the Homestead
Click the icons below to download the files if you wish to access them from your computer.
Best Method Is To Right Click And Then Pick Save As
Big Ideas & Takeaways:
Elementary science taught us that plants need sunlight to thrive, but there are many other ways to take advantage of this bright natural resource. Discover how to:
- Kill insects, seeds, fungus, and bacteria in used potting soil to restore it to its original sterile state
- Naturally dehydrate fruits, vegetables, or make jerky
- Boil or pasteurize drinking water
- Dry herbs without breaking down the essential oils and vitamins
- Bake, boil, steam, or roast complete meals, which will never burn
- Enjoy roasts and breads all summer long, while reducing your utility bill
- Naturally kill bug infestations in grains or dried foods
About the Speaker:
Paul Munsen is the president of SUN OVENS INTERNATIONAL. For the past 19 years, Paul has devoted his life to sharing fundamental Sun Oven cooking techniques with people all over the world. Paul has been involved in solar cooking projects and taught solar cooking on five continents. SUN OVENSâ are made in the USA and the company is committed to helping people in the U.S. prepare for emergencies and save energy, while using a portion of the proceeds to work in third-world countries. Paul has addressed the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development at the UN Headquarters in New York. He is the past-president of the Illinois Society for International Development, a member of Solar Cookers International, and the Illinois Solar Energy Association.