Customer Service Position
Customer Happiness and Fulfillment Director, Who Loves Permaculture and Homesteading
(A Full-Time, Remote Position, With Occasional Face-To-Face Meetings)
The Grow Network is the online home of a global network of people who are producing their own food and medicine. The purpose of the organization is to stop the destruction of the Earth, and “Home Grown Food on Every Table” is our catalyzing statement.
We offer information via our online blog, educational video products (physical and digital), and a community membership area, at: http://TheGrowNetwork.com
Our company culture is that of a team of adventurers and entrepreneurs, out to make a difference in the world. While our team is spread across the United States (and beyond), we meet regularly via Skype and gather 3-4 times each year for face-to-face meetings in various interesting locations, including Durango CO.
We love throwing parties and celebrating upon success of big projects. You are a person that knows you can work anywhere, but choose to work with us.
An Overview of The Position:
The Grow Network is currently seeking our next A+ player – a Customer Happiness and Fulfillment Director to join our crew as we ramp up to expand the reach of our network from 150,000 subscribers to 2 Million+ in the next couple of years.
As the Customer Happiness and Fulfillment Director for The Grow Network, you will be responsible for:
- Emails – Responding to all inquiries from our customer base in a timely way. As an internet-based organization, many inquiries involve customers needing help accessing digital programs they’ve purchased, receiving physical products in the mail, and logging into our WordPress website’s membership area.
- Phone Calls – Responding to inbound phone inquiries, and placing outbound “Welcome Calls” to new members in our online community.
- Fulfillment – Pack and ship all physical products (mostly DVD’s), and/or manage an outside fulfillment vendor. Manage our fulfillment software and emails to track successful delivery of products to the customers.
- Inventory – Keeping track of our DVD inventory levels and placing orders for more as needed to adequately meet the upcoming level of demand.
- Social Media – Some customers reach out for help on our social media channels, so you will need to scan these channels to look for help requests. As such, you are familiar and comfortable with basic level usage of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Linked In, and Twitter.
- Technical – We will train you to master the specific internet software systems we use to help customers with their purchases, subscriptions, payment updates, cancellations, refunds, package tracking, etc.
- Resource Familiarity – You’ll read (or watch) most of our content on our site, in order to be able to direct customers to helpful resources.
- Team Coordination – You’ll create weekly reports summarizing customer feedback, website repair issues, questions, and comments coming in from customers and community members. You will generate solutions and give directions to other team members for action items needed to optimize Customer care.
- Management – as our organization grows, we will be hiring additional Customer Happiness and Fulfillment personnel, and you’ll be responsible for training and managing your support staff.
Skills and Personal Attributes Required:
- A passion for homegrown food and holistic health. You already have a garden, or perhaps chickens, and you are already producing some of your own food, in some way.
- You enjoy engaging with people and helping them, especially via email and phone.
- You have at least 3 years of full-time experience providing customer service – preferably with an internet-based organization, or at least in a position that includes some internet-based aspects of business.
- You have patience and compassion when dealing people who are confused or frustrated by technology. You aren’t flustered by random or insensitive emails or phone calls.
- You have a strong problem solving skillset and mindset – responding to customer inquiries often involves quite a bit of “detective work” to discern what type of help is needed to resolve their issue.
- You have strong Leadership skills – you are an assertive person with personal confidence, who naturally and gracefully takes control of chaotic situations and restores order and organization.
- You have the ability to set your own ambitious goals and hit self-imposed deadlines without someone looking over your shoulder. You have excellent time-management and communication skills with an ability to balance multiple projects.
- You are comfortable working from home as part of a distributed team and have a good sense of humor.
- Your written and spoken English is excellent; correct grammar and punctuation come naturally to you.
- You have a minimum typing speed of 50 WPM, so that you can respond to emails very quickly.
- You are familiar and skilled with common office management programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Skype, Google Sheets, etc.
- You are computer literate and internet technology savvy, meaning that you have some experience with running or building websites/blogs with WordPress. You easily pick up new software and can get programs to communicate with each other.
- As a bonus, you might have familiarity with some of the following internet services: Infusionsoft, Fusedesk, Memberium, Maropost, ShipWorks, Highrise, Basecamp, and Stamps.com software.
Compensation and Benefits
The Grow Network team is a group of independent contractor who work closely together, across the internet – we work hard and have a lot of fun!
This a full-time, work-from-home (or anywhere), contract (w-9) position where you determine your own hours, and complete work using your own equipment. Though we utilize a “contract” form of engagement (rather than W-2 employment), please note that we are looking for a full-time, long-term committed teammate and friend who wants to be part of our innovative and growing organization for many years to come.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience level, and includes a steady monthly base pay (to be discussed and agreed upon during interviews) plus bonuses for achieving personal and team objectives. We also are working toward annual company profit sharing and long-term service rewards.
As a team of independent contractors, The Grow Network currently does not offer health insurance, though we are looking for ways to do this in the future.
Other benefits of working at The Grow Network include the following:
- Being surrounded on a daily basis by like-minded super-cool teammates who are passionate and creative about solving the world’s environmental and health crises by growing our own food, and teaching others how to do the same.
- Access to cutting edge information about sustainable food production via our published information and our partnerships with thought-leaders in sustainable small-scale food production.
- One-hour per day of working in your personal garden is considered legitimate company work.
- You’ll have access to free testing of great gardening, homesteading and health management tools and products, as part of our team review of products we sell.
- You’ll travel a few times per year to fun locations for team meetings, parties and training workshops for personal and professional development.
How To Apply:
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Happiness Position Application” in the subject line. Attach your resume in Word .docx format, and include a cover letter that details both your previous customer service experience and why you believe you are a good fit for this position and for The Grow Network.
We are accepting resumes until this position is filled with the right person, and we plan to begin interviews in early January 2017.